When people experience dizziness due to Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), it can be treated by physical therapists with this area of expertise with good success. The cause is from calcium carbonate crystals that create an imbalance of flow of the normal inner ear fluid that sends signals to our brain to maintain normal balance.
- Feeling of disorientation.
- Sensations where the room appears to "spin" or "waver".
- Examination to confirm that BPPV is the cause of your symptoms.
- Same day repositioning of the crystals with an "Epley Maneuver".
- Education on subsequent head movements and positioning that can influence a recurrence.
- Education on indications that you would need follow-up treatments.